Saturday, June 5, 2010

Liquid Diet

Day 2 post-hangover all I wanted was liquids...and REALLY COLD SWEET non-caffeinated/alcoholic thick liquids. (Must be the rebound from all that salty McDelivery I had day 1 post-hangover?)


What: Tall No-whip Raspberry Vanilla Creme Frappucino
Where: Starbucks
Cost: $33
Yumminess: **/*****

Note to self: next time ask them to double the amount of syrup if you want something sweet. The color was pretty though. And it satisfied the cold, thick cravings. The colour was pretty too lol. But tastewise it was bland.

What: Matcha White Chocolate Chocolixir with no whip
Where: Godiva
Cost: $39
Yumminess: ****/*****

This was surprisingly good! The matcha flavour was OK strong and the bits of white chocolate that was blended in was satisfying (normally I'm not one for white chocolate, but like I said...I wanted something REALLY SWEET.) And it melted surprisingly well too...not like Starbucks frappes which melt all watery. This actually melted into a milky liquid. I saw them blending it with some whitish creamy substance the consistency of coolwhip (which defeats the purpose of no-whip? lol), which might have allowed it to melt creamily. This drink really hit the spot.

Blah...I need to remind myself not to drink like the boys...no matter how much I try to be one of them, reality is we're different. Thank god for selfless friends.


And I think I've had enough Mcdonald's for the whole year in a day. Ugh. Need to start collecting takeout menus from restaurants instead of relying on 23382338.

1 comment: